Rib Eating Contest
Contest Details: Contest is open to the first ten individual applicants There will be only 1 competition on the Saturday of the festival at 2:00 PM and will be limited to only 10 Individuals. Contestants will be taken on a first-come, first served basis. This is an individual-style race contestants take turns eating 1 rack each of delicious ribs as fast as they can The individual who pigs out the fastest wins.
DON`T MISS OUT ON THE FUN!!!
Information Eligibility: Contest is open to all Ribfest participants must be 19 years or older. Members and Volunteers of the Rotary Club of Newcastle or any of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Valid ID must be brought to the competition site.
CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK IN FOR THEIR CONTEST 1 HOUR PRIOR TO ABOVE START TIMES OR THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR PLACE TO AN ALTERNATE COMPETITOR/TEAM.
To Enter: Read carefully the Official Contest Rules for the Rib Eating Contest including the waiver of liability provisions. It is a minimum of $25 per person. Individuals can pay entry fee themselves, or they can get sponsors/pledges to raises additional funds to support the Newcastle Rotary and the Community. Send cheque or money order payable Rotary Club of Newcastle.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Contestants will compete against each other. The object is to eat your allotted Bar-B-Que Ribs.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed during the competition
- Contestants must not touch any ribs until the starting signal.
- Contestants must stop eating at the ending signal, to be announced prior to beginning the contest.
- Contestants will be given 1 rack of Ribs each.
- Winner will be determined by the individual who finishes first. All meat must be eaten off the rib bones in order to count.
- Contestants who suffer a reversal of fortune and/or urges contrary to swallowing will be disqualified (and possibly laughed at). Eaters must hold down the meat for a period of two minutes after the contest.
- The “Chipmunking Rule” will be in effect, which means that any meat placed in the contestant’s mouth must be finished before claiming completion and at the very end of the contest must be swallowed within 30 seconds. Contestants in violation of the “Chipmunking Rule” will be penalized one ½ rack of ribs.
- In the event of a tie the winner will be determined by a one ½ rack ribs “Rib-off”.